Advancing the Common Good: Creating Opportunities for a Better Life for All
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
- Education – Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income – Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Health – Improving People’s Health
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, when people are healthy.
United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
- Tell your friends and colleagues how your investment of time and/or dollars is helping the United Way make an impact in the community.
- Forward United Way e-mail communications to colleagues and friends.
- Share the success stories featured in our online newsletter.
- Share videos from our website or YouTube channel.
- Get involved with our public policy agenda and contact your elected officials.
- Get a LIVE UNITED t-shirt and wear it when you’re out and about.
- Tell others how you LIVE UNITED!
Champion a Cause. ADVOCATE.