PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE, CURRENTLY LOCATED AT WWW.RIVERREGIONUNITEDWAY.ORG (THE "WEBSITE"), WHICH IS OWNED BY THE RIVER REGION UNITED WAY ("RRUW"). THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW GOVERN ANY USE BY YOU OF THIS SITE.
BY SIGNING ON AND USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Downloading. You may download textual material from this Website for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not modify the materials and keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. You may not further distribute or display such materials for any purpose.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties. THIS WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WITH REGARD TO THE WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, RRUW DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. RRUW DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS COMPLETE OR ACCURATE, THAT USE OF THIS WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY CONTENT IS FREE OF DISABLING DEVICES (AS HEREINAFTER DEFINED). "Disabling Device" is defined as any software, document, message or other material which contains a computer virus, worm, trojan horse, timebomb or other device which may erase, scramble, lock or disable computer software or equipment or may prevent users from using a website or any other item of hardware or software.
3. Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RRUW BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR CONTENT CONTAINED HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF OR RELIANCE ON THE CONTENT, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DEFECTS (BOTH PATENT AND LATENT), MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, DELETION OF FILES, DISABLING DEVICES, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, NONDELIVERY OF CONTENT, DISCLOSURE OF COMMUNICATIONS, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, EVEN IF RRUW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
4. Jurisdiction. RRUW operates and controls this Website from its offices located in the state of Alabama in the United States. RRUW makes no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you choose to access this Website outside of the state of Alabama through your own initiative, you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
5. Privacy. RRUW may use any personal data and information submitted by you during your use of the Website for RRUW's internal use relating to the purposes for which you submitted such data, including but not limited to processing pledges, internal traffic monitoring, usage monitoring and projections. RRUW will provide such personal data and information to third parties only as is necessary for those third parties to assist RRUW in its internal, administrative functions (such as, by way of example, provision of such data and information to employers for purposes of processing donations made by payroll deduction). RRUW will not sell such personal data and information to third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any personal information posted by you on the Website is at your own risk.
6. Security. Security for transactions processed through the Website is provided by Verisign and or PayPal.
7. Status of Donations. Although RRUW is a non-profit, charitable organization, it cannot offer individual advice concerning the financial and/or taxable status of donations. You should consult your personal financial or tax advisor for such advice.
8. Third Party Content and Trademarks. The Website may contain content supplied by third parties. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other promises, representations or warranties contained in such third party content are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of RRUW. The RRUW Logo and the 211 Logo are trademarks, service marks and registered trademarks or service marks of RRUW. Other product and company names found on the Website may be the trademarks of third parties.
9. General. Any user may opt-out of receiving content from RRUW at any time. RRUW shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Website, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability and equipment and/or software required for access or use of this Website. RRUW may also change the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and any subsequent use of the Website by you constitutes your agreement to such changed terms and conditions. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to RRUW.
10. Other. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.