- One of the best ways to understand poverty is through the perspective of those living in poverty.
- Understanding poverty requires an examination of public data and viewpoints about poverty and their connection to policy, oppression and discrimination.
- Learning about poverty can occur through volunteering, simulations and other experiential activities.
- Poverty awareness involves empathy and self-reflection.
- Poverty awareness requires individuals to recognize their own attitudes and ideologies relating to people in poverty.
- Poverty awareness includes authentically sharing one’s knowledge, perspective, and values about how to create prosperity for all.
Click on the icon below to sign up at Eventbrite for the Poverty Simulation Morning Session: Fri, July 19, 2019, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM @ First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, 305 S. Perry Street, Montgomery, AL 36104
Click the icon below to sign up at Eventbrite for the Poverty Simulation Afternoon Session: Fri, July 19, 2019, 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM @ First Baptist Church Fellowship Hall, 305 S. Perry Street, Montgomery, AL 36104